Dual display fiber optic sensor
- A multi-function sensor of excellent operability
- NPN / PNP dual output
- Simple teaching using a single button
- Large easy-to-read display
- Mutual interference prevention function
- Two types of display options available
- Standard・Official Approval
F85RN Series Lineups
User-friendly operability with essential functions
- 1. Simple teaching using a single button
- Simple to sequentially select from four teaching modes using the [SET] button.
- 2. Easy to use with a large display and only three operation buttons
- Two large clear 4-digit, 7-segment LED displays and three raised buttons with positive click feedback, making mode setting easy.
- 3. Mutual interference prevention function
- Equipped with an optical transmission type mutual interference prevention function to suppress the interference between up to eight units. (Standard and Long mode)
- 4. Two types of display options available
- Light intensity received by two or more sensors can be easily read and compared by two displacement display options: Percentage for Through Beam type, and Zero Offset for Reflective type.
Detection allowance can be checked by comparing the percentage values of each sensor operation through the displacement display.
(The below examples show deterioration in detection allowance of Through Beam type.)
- 5. Light source intensity adjustment (Automatic/Manual)
- Light intensity is adjusted to an optimum level for detection among 15 stages (13 stages at high-speed mode).
- 6. NPN/PNP dual output
- As both connection types for the control output are available, configuring the output as PNP or NPN is not necessary.
- 7. An energy-saving design and ECO mode realize low power consumption
- 24V normal mode : 770 mW or less / ECO mode: 600 mW or less
- 8. Manuals can be viewed on smartphones or tablets
- The sensor comes with a QR code label and a quick reference guide is available on your smartphone or tablet (Japanese, English, Chinese, and Korean versions available). This is useful when checking the manual or changing the settings at installation site.
Detection of object on IC tester
Passage of flat ICs checked.
Detection of lead frames
Detecting lead frames from their bottoms, with a thin head of 2mm.\nFiber optic sensor.
Electronic Component Mounting
Detection of defects in capacitors
Bends above taping detected with through beam fiber optic cable.
Detection of workpiece at the chute section of parts feeders.
The detection status is presented on the dual display of the fiber optic sensor.
Detection of defective taping of nails
Through beam fiber optic sensor used for detecting nails displaced in taping.
Loop control of string materials
Detecting threads or fibers across two points (upper/lower) to control the tension and the speed.
Electronic Component Mounting
Checking for upside-down electronic components
Blue light fiber optic sensor used for checking whether the right sides of electronic components are facing up in part chute.
Detection of wafers in carrier
Wafer edges detected.
Checking for upside-down parts
The side of parts facing up determined by level of reflected light.
Detection of crack in bearing bushings
Surface cracks detected by taking advantage of irregular light reflection on cracks.
Detection of thread dyeing unevenness
Inconsistent dyeing detected in the dyeing process. High resolution of F70R for arbitrary setting.
Integrated U-shaped fiber optic cable available for detecting labels for timing operation of labeler.
Detection of level of liquid in tank
A fiber optic fiber cable coated with chemical-resistant PFA can be placed in a fluid tank, to enable detection of the liquid surface level.